Domestic Installation Terms
Our Terms and Conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works.
Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
MegaEV’s standard installation for OLEV approved chargers covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a suitably approved charger on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 15 metres (50 feet) of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the distribution board and the charger.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Pod Point.
- An additional three way consumer unit, if required.
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
- An earth rod in soft ground, if required.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The charger must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance.
- If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted.
- We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the charger to be fitted on please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch?
- MegaEV follows BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules then your installation will be paused and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards..
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate?
We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the chosen charger. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate the chargeror we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
- If required, your MegaEV installation manager will detail required works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- If the additional works are minor (less than 2 hours additional works) and can be completed on the day, you will be eligible for a £50 discount if you decide to pay and proceed on the day.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, MegaEV will quote for additional works, and a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If your MegaEv installation manager suspects that the installation will not comply with the OLEV grant requirements (see OLEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing MegaEV with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OLEV for pre-approval. Should MegaEV receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
Got another question? Get in touch.