The Eddi Energy Management System is an intelligent small piece of kit helps you to self-consume the green energy produced by your microgeneration system. The microgeneration systems such as Solar PV and small wind turbines are at their most efficient when the generated energy is consumed on-site rather than exporting it to the grid. This is what we call ‘self-consumption’.
Eddi is an energy management system for use with grid-tied PV or wind turbine systems. Excess energy from the microgenertation system is used to heat water or rooms rather than exporting it to the grid. Works as a stand alone product with size array to heat your immersion heater, storage heater, under floor heating, towel rail or electric raditor.
A grid current sensor (supplied) simply clips around the incoming supply cable. This sensor is used to monitor excess power and eddi automatically adjusts the voltage to the heater load, there by consuming the surplus power. A self-powered wireless sensor (harvi) is available separately. An internal expansion interface provides a means to install a Relay & Sensor Board to enable various functions such as auto switching from day-time and night-time supply, heat pump interfacing for Legionella control and temperature sensing.
Eddi utilises myenergi’s proprietary varisine™ technology to ensure compliance with worldwide power grid standards.
Benefits of the Eddi Energy Management System:
- Fitted with a clear, graphical LCD display that will detail your saving information
- Eddi acts as an automatic power control that diverts surplus power to a designated area
- 3.68Kw/16A max. heater load
- Supports two heaters (sequentially)
- Integral bypass switch
- Varisine™ PWM technology
- Fan-Less cooling
- Built-in programmable boost timers
- Energy savings data logging
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time adjustment
- Relay & Sensor Board add-on option
- Wall mounting bracket for ease of installation
- Fully EMC and safety compliant (CE)
The Eddi is compatible with the Zappi chargers which can be found here.